OCTG Tubing has many benefits against piping. In the following I will give you a comparison of the tubing and piping.And then you will konw the benefits of the tubing clearly.
First,I will show you something about the pipe and tubing.
1. Pipe threading or welding is difficult to disassemble and re-assemble.
2. Piping requires skilled worker for welding & threading.
3. Piping is bulky.
4. Tubing is assembled by simple wrench make-up on DK-LOK tube fittings reducing assembly time and the overall cost of installation.
5. Tubing is bendable, allowing lower pressure drop with fewer connections.
Second,careful handling and storage practices will protect tubing from unnecessary scratches, nicks and or degrading good tubing surface finish.
1. Tubing ends should be capped so any foreign materials will not fall inside during transportation and storage.
2. Do not drag across tubing rack, cement, gravel or any rough surface.
3. Do use correct tube cutter for tube material. The wrong cutter may result in excessive deformation of the tube end.
4. Do not cut deep with each turn of cutter.
5. Tube cutters and hacksaws should be sharp enough.
6. Hacksaw blades should have at least 32 teeth per inch.
7. Deburring tube ends before inserting in the tube fittings helps prevent against system containment.